Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hollow Threats


Dear Boomshee,

There are some things I'd rather not tell you. Not that these are things you don't know. We both know what we share with each other. There's nothing to hide anymore.

But there are times when my heart feels so full of love for you, and it is so difficult to contain the intensity of that feeling, that it threatens to explode into a million fragments if not allowed to express itself. (And we both know that's a very hollow threat indeed!) Of course, I could always walk up to you and lay bare my ordeal, and we would sure as hell find a humorous perspective to the whole thing, laugh it off, and make it a whole lot easier to deal with.

But when you are not around, the dormant feeling slyly comes back to life and goes messing about with me. This blog exists for times like these - when I can no longer bear to be alone with myself, without you near me.

I can imagine you now, busy someplace, wanting to take a break, looking up this blog, going through these lines, hearing my voice in your head whispering these random ramblings to you. How would you react, I wonder? :)

But I promise you - some day, I'll spill the beans, and we'll go through all my letters to you, and maybe we'll laugh and cry all at the same time and feel deliriously happy in each others' arms.

Love,
Your Moonstruck Girl.

1 comment: